Personalized Estate Planning Services

If you pass away in the state of Pennsylvania without a will, distribution of your estate may be delayed by a complicated probate process. The documents listed below can be prepared in advance to ensure your wishes are met after you pass or should you become unable to speak for yourself. However, due to the complexities of estate planning, it is in your best interest to seek the advice of experienced legal counsel when drafting estate documents. I am attorney Michael E. Eisenberg and I can help you understand your estate planning options.

To discuss your estate questions during a free consultation, please get in touch with my Hatboro office today. Contact me at 267-728-4535 or 800-851-2534.

Estate Planning Tools

There's no substitute for having an experienced lawyer help you prepare valid estate planning documents. I can help you determine which documents you need and how best to distribute your estate in such a way that maximizes its financial potential. Below are some of the types of estate planning tools we may choose to utilize:

  • Last will and testament: If you pass away intestate, the state statute determines how your assets are distributed. Your will should specify how you want to distribute gifts and personal property, assign an executor who will take care of your personal business, and make arrangements for your children and pets. I understand the need for a properly drafted will, and can help you work through the details.
  • Living will or advance health care directive: This document outlines what your wishes are regarding end-of-life health options. You can and should make it as specific as possible or you could end up incurring great medical costs for procedures you don't want. Similarly, you may wish to have some life-saving procedures such as a blood transfusion and avoid others including organ transplant, or intubation for food intake or elimination. Because physicians are required to provide every life-saving option available, it is extremely important to discuss drafting a living will with qualified legal counsel.
  • Medical power of attorney: This document designates a person of your choosing to make health care decisions on your behalf should you become unable to make these decisions for yourself. The person you choose, sometimes referred to as your health care proxy, must agree to and sign the document along with you and a notary public.
  • Trusts: I can also help you determine whether creating a simple trust or other financial vehicle is appropriate for you.

To learn more about how I can put these tools to use to protect you and your estate, contact me, an estate planning attorney, to schedule a free consultation. Call 267-728-4535 or 800-851-2534 today and begin the process. Located in Hatboro, Pennsylvania, I serve the areas in and near Bucks County and Montgomery County.