How Does Relocation Affect Child Custody?
Experienced Representation When You Need It The Most
In our mobile society, job changes or remarriages often require divorced parents to move to a new neighborhood or to another state. In Pennsylvania, parents who wish to move out of state with their child — or any significant distance from the child’s current location within Pennsylvania — must file a special motion with the court and prove certain elements at trial.
I am attorney Michael E. Eisenberg, and I recognize that relocation of a parent or child is one of the most challenging issues my clients face. I approach parental relocation cases with an eye toward finding an acceptable solution and reducing conflict between the parties. Backed by more than 25 years of experience, I have successfully represented numerous clients in parental relocation/move-away cases. I will work to achieve your goals and protect your rights.
To schedule a free confidential consultation with an experienced Montgomery County, PA, parental relocation attorney, please contact me at 267-728-4535 or 800-851-2534. Located in Hatboro, Pennsylvania, my law office serves clients throughout the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
Relocation Depends On The Best Interests Of The Child
One of the cherished joys of parenthood is being able to watch your child learn, grow and change over the years. Because of the profound effects that parental relocation has on both parents and children, the rules governing relocation are perhaps more nuanced than any other aspect of family law.
Pennsylvania courts resolve parental relocation matters based upon the best interests of the child. They consider many factors in making a final decision, including:
- Each parent’s reasons for seeking or opposing the move
- The nature and quality of the relationships between the child and each of the parents, siblings and other significant people in the child’s life
- The impact of the move on the quality of the child’s future contact with the non relocating parent
- The feasibility of preserving the relationship between the non relocating parent and the child through suitable custody arrangements
- The degree to which the relocating parent’s and the child’s life may be enhanced financially, emotionally and educationally by the move
Hatboro Child Custody Relocation Attorney
I provide intelligent, supportive and cost-effective assistance to parents seeking to relocate, as well as parents hoping to prevent relocation.