Helping You Overcome Life’s


  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Post-Judgment Modifications

Post-Judgment Modifications Address Changing Needs

Circumstances change. You may have lost your job, remarried or relocated. Your former spouse may have failed to abide by the terms of your divorce decree. Decisions that made sense at the time of your divorce may not make sense now, and further legal intervention may be necessary.

After a divorce is finalized, many people still encounter family law issues that must be resolved. If you are considering taking action to modify or enforce an existing court order, it is wise to speak with an attorney who can advise you as to the strengths and weaknesses of your case, as well as your legal options.

I am attorney Michael E. Eisenberg, and I am here to support you both during and after your divorce. Backed by more than 30 years of legal experience, I assist clients with a broad range of post-divorce issues, including modifications of court-ordered obligations and enforcement of divorce decrees.

To schedule a free confidential consultation with an experienced Montgomery County divorce modification attorney, please contact me at 267-728-4535 or 800-851-2534. Located in Hatboro and Warrington, I serve clients throughout the Philadelphia metropolitan area.


Under Pennsylvania law, evidence of a substantial change in circumstances is necessary before a modification can be made to court-ordered obligations regarding child support, child custody and visitation. My extensive experience with modifications allows me to provide reliable counsel to my clients about whether a particular change in circumstances is substantial enough to justify seeking a modification order. Job loss, promotion, relocation or a continuing health crisis are all common reasons to seek a modification.

Generally, a court-ordered alimony award can be modified, but it cannot be modified if the parties agreed to it by prenuptial or postnuptial agreement or by marital settlement agreement, unless the agreement specifically states that it is modifiable. Changes in one party’s financial circumstances can be cause for modification if provided for in the final alimony order or agreement. I can help you argue for or against alimony modification.


Frustration and financial difficulty can result when one party fails to abide by the terms of a divorce decree. I represent clients who are seeking or opposing the enforcement of property division, economic distribution, child support, child custody, visitation and alimony orders. Whether I can negotiate an advantageous resolution or I must file a contempt motion, you can count on me for strong representation both in and out of the courtroom.

Get Answers To Your Questions

For professional assistance with any post-judgment modification or enforcement issue, contact me at 267-728-4535 or 800-851-2534 to arrange a free confidential consultation with an experienced lawyer.